Newsfeed : Pay for HIV Physicians at Bottom of Rate List

POZ - Health, Life and HIV
Subscribe to:
POZ magazine
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr MySpace
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join

Back to home » Newsfeed » May 2013

Most Popular Links
Most Popular Lessons

The HIV Life Cycle


Herpes Simplex Virus

Syphilis & Neurosyphilis

Treatments for Opportunistic Infections (OIs)

What is AIDS & HIV?

Hepatitis & HIV

20 Years Ago In POZ

More News

Click here for more news

Have news about HIV? Send press releases, news tips and other announcements to


May 14, 2013

Pay for HIV Physicians at Bottom of Rate List

Physician compensation in 2012 was on the rise overall, Medscape reports. Of the 25 specialties surveyed, eight of them earned a mean of more than $300,000 a year. The top-earning specialty was orthopedics at $405,000 a year. Although the bottom specialty on the list was HIV/Infectious Diseases at $170,000 a year, it saw an increase of about 12 percent since the previous year.

To read the article, click here.

Search: physicians, infectious diseases, compensation

Scroll down to comment on this story.


(will display; 2-50 characters)


(will NOT display)


(will display; optional)

Comment (500 characters left):

(Note: The POZ team reviews all comments before they are posted. Please do not include either ":" or "@" in your comment. The opinions expressed by people providing comments are theirs alone. They do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Smart + Strong, which is not responsible for the accuracy of any of the information supplied by people providing comments.)

Comments require captcha.
Please enter this number for verification:

| Posting Rules

Hide comments

Previous Comments:

  comments 1 - 1 (of 1 total)    

Frederick Wrght, Coachelle Valley, 2013-05-15 10:01:13
Sorry to hear that the HIV docs are only making an average of 175 thousands US dollars a year. There is not a classification of Infection Disease Specialist in the USA. Yes, an open-book test from a group that prints a certificate for a Doctor for 250 bucks, but no extra schooling or internship for Infectious Dieses. Any doctor can practice medicine on HIV people for there is no specialist from the AMA or Major Universities, no special didactic at all for HIV. Compare Apples to Apples.

comments 1 - 1 (of 1 total)    

[Go to top]

Facebook Twitter Google+ MySpace YouTube Tumblr Flickr Instagram
Quick Links
Current Issue

HIV Testing
Safer Sex
Find a Date
Newly Diagnosed
HIV 101
Disclosing Your Status
Starting Treatment
Help Paying for Meds
Search for the Cure
POZ Stories
POZ Opinion
POZ Exclusives
Read the Blogs
Visit the Forums
Job Listings
Events Calendar
POZ on Twitter

Ask POZ Pharmacist

Talk to Us
Has a pet helped you deal with your HIV?


more surveys
Contact Us
We welcome your comments!
[ about Smart + Strong | about POZ | POZ advisory board | partner links | advertising policy | advertise/contact us | site map]
© 2016 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved. Terms of use and Your privacy.
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.