Newsfeed : Younger MSM on Mobile Apps to Find Sex Dislike Condoms

POZ - Health, Life and HIV
Subscribe to:
POZ magazine
E-newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr MySpace
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:

Back to home » Newsfeed » September 2012

Most Popular Links
Most Popular Lessons

The HIV Life Cycle

Shingles

Herpes Simplex Virus

Syphilis & Neurosyphilis

Treatments for Opportunistic Infections (OIs)

What is AIDS & HIV?

Hepatitis & HIV

15 Years Ago In POZ


More News

Click here for more news

Have news about HIV? Send press releases, news tips and other announcements to news@poz.com.


emailprint

September 13, 2012

Younger MSM on Mobile Apps to Find Sex Dislike Condoms

Nearly half (46.4 percent) of younger men who have sex with men (MSM) who use mobile apps to find sex have unprotected anal intercourse, according to a new study by researchers Renato Barucco and Luis Freddy Molano, MD, and reported by The Advocate. Of those MSM who don’t use condoms, 84 percent said condoms decrease the sensation of sex. Ninety-one percent of all respondents said they know how to protect themselves from HIV.

To read the article, click here.

Search: Renato Barucco, Luis Freddy Molano


Scroll down to comment on this story.



Name:

(will display; 2-50 characters)

Email:

(will NOT display)

City:

(will display; optional)

Comment (500 characters left):

(Note: The POZ team reviews all comments before they are posted. Please do not include either ":" or "@" in your comment. The opinions expressed by people providing comments are theirs alone. They do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Smart + Strong, which is not responsible for the accuracy of any of the information supplied by people providing comments.)

Comments require captcha.
Please enter this number for verification:

| Posting Rules



Hide comments

Previous Comments:


  comments 1 - 2 (of 2 total)    

HH-NY, New York, 2012-09-18 17:10:21
My comments are on the article and not on the study. The statistics presented are both well known and confusing, so they fail to give meaning. The unprotected safe statistic is too low if it included all one time incidents. Should it be considered too high if the respondents considered the question to be about "usual" sexual practice? Is the “impulsive sexual behavior” driven by physical or emotional reasons? If it is emotional, aren’t all emotions mostly impulsive?

BREALNYC, New York, 2012-09-14 09:38:42
Does this surprise anyone? We're not talking about "bug chasers" or "gift givers" (do we still use those terms?), but young men with libidos. This is another reason is it absurd to criminalize HIV. Unless we're talking rape, it takes TWO. If 91% know they should use a condom (and the other 9% live under rocks), 84% say condoms reduce the sensation of sex, then is it realistic to expect guys to use them 100% of the time? Use Truvada. Meanwhile, stop pointing fingers. Find a cure.

comments 1 - 2 (of 2 total)    


[Go to top]

Join POZ Facebook Twitter Google+ MySpace YouTube Tumblr Flickr
Quick Links
Current Issue

HIV Testing
Safer Sex
Find a Date
Newly Diagnosed
HIV 101
Disclosing Your Status
Starting Treatment
Help Paying for Meds
Search for the Cure
POZ Stories
POZ Opinion
POZ Exclusives
Read the Blogs
Visit the Forums
Job Listings
Events Calendar


    guycmh328
    Columbus
    Ohio


    Sin_Grinder
    Reno
    Nevada


    cortaza100
    Oakland
    California


    robert12
    Queens
    New York
Click here to join POZ Personals!
Ask POZ Pharmacist

Talk to Us
Poll
Survey
Pop Watch

more surveys
Contact Us
We welcome your comments!
[ about Smart + Strong | about POZ | POZ advisory board | partner links | advertising policy | advertise/contact us | site map]
© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved. Terms of use and Your privacy.
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.